App-owned metafields don't resolve properly

I’m noticing an issue where the Customer Account API doesn’t function in the same way that I would expect it would based on how admin works. With the admin API I can fetch metafields with the $app: prefix and it will properly resolve the metafields. Example:

However when used in the Customer API we get null (request) (response)

Instead if I request the metafield with an explicit namespace, it resolves as expected.

Of course we can interpolate our app ID as a part of the request but I was hoping to avoid this and to me it’s just confusing. If that’s the intended result it should be documented in the Customer Account API.

Exploring this more, it appears that when querying metafield (singular) it works fine. It seems to me it’s when using the metafields is where the problem is

Hi @Nick_Mealey, it looks like there may be a bug with the metafields field where the namespace is not being resolved properly. I’ll create an issue with the team for further investigation.

Just as an update on this, the issue has been confirmed and a fix has been identified, but it might take a bit to get it deployed.