Conditionally change "Total Savings" wording for discount types

Short description of issue

When a customer uses the deposit payment option, I’d like to change “Total Savings” to “Amount due later” on the checkout page (non-Plus store)

Link to Shopify Store

Reproduction steps

From product page, select the deposit payment option. At checkout, the discount line will say “TOTAL SAVINGS.”

Additional info

When using the deposit method of payment, I would like the “TOTAL SAVINGS” line to read “AMOUNT DUE LATER.” I would like it to be conditional so that regular discount codes still say “TOTAL SAVINGS.” Is this possible on a non-Plus store? Perhaps with a private app?

What type of topic is this

General discussion

Hi @Kyle_Stych

This might be possible with a custom app that uses a checkout UI extension, but those extension types are only supported for Shopify Plus plans.

That’s what I thought. I assume the same goes for requiring a phone number on the billing address (since nothing’s shipped) and double email entry for validity?

Thanks, Liam!

It does look like you can only make the shipping phone number required:


So to make the billing phone number required you’d likely need to use a checkout customisation with a checkout extension. Same with adding a new field (like an extra email with validation rules.