Feature request: Subdivision support for Storefront API context

Hi Shopify team,

Market-driven shipping begins rolling out October 1, 2026 and supports subdivision markets through MarketRegionSubdivision. However, Storefront API @inContext still accepts only country-level context.

So Storefront API cannot resolve subdivision-specific context.

Are there plans to add subdivision support to @inContext?

Thank you!

Hey @Angelina_Prokopeva - thanks for flagging.

Subdivision support for Storefront API @inContext is on our radar, though I don’t have a guaranteed timeline to share at this time. I’ve shared your feedback as well and I’ll update this thread if anything changes.

Hope this helps!

Hey @Angelina_Prokopeva - a quick update.

Work on subdivision support for Storefront API @inContext is progressing, and we’re hoping to roll it out soon. I don’t have a confirmed timeline to share yet, but I’ll update this thread when there’s more news.

Hey @Angelina_Prokopeva - a quick update: subdivision support for Storefront API @inContext is now available in the unstable API version.

You can pass subdivision alongside country to resolve an enabled subdivision market, such as a state, province, or prefecture. You’ll find more details in the Contextual queries guide.

If you try it out, let us know how it works for you. We’d welcome any feedback!