Missing Apple Sign In in, it is required when also using facebook or google login

Hi,

Apple is requiring “Sign in with Apple” if we offer login with Google or Facebook.
Currently our apple app updates are being blocked by missing login with Sign in with Apple, we know we can change the Identity Provider, however, we would like to keep the shopify native one.

We would really appreciate if Sign in with Apple would be natively supported, or for us to have a way to authenticate a customer from our server like we had with legacy accounts and Multipass.

Thanks in advance.

Hey @Tiago_Lima! Thanks for reporting this. Our team is aware of this feature request and are looking for ways to address this. I don’t have a timeline on when or if this will be supported so our developers changelog will be the best place to monitor for changes here.

@KyleG-Shopify are you able to give any updates on this? It’s been about 4 months now and there a number of people in the support forums who have had iOS apps blocked by apple review for using new customer accounts. Can you give any time-frames or if this is even being worked on?

Best regards

Dave

Hey @DKT, just filling in for Kyle on this one. I checked in on this and can confirm that Sign in with Apple support is actively being worked on. It hasn’t rolled out yet, and I don’t have a release date I can share publicly right now.

I definitely get the impact here, particularly for iOS apps being blocked during App Store review. I’ll keep an eye on this and loop back here when there’s a public changelog update.

Hey @Alan_G , we’re needing Sign in with Apple support too. Any closer to having a release date? We could wait a month or 2, but if it’s 6 months + away we might have to code up our own solution.

Hey @Alex_Mark - I checked in again and can confirm that Sign in with Apple is still actively being worked on, with solid progress since my last update. I can’t give you a firm release date yet since there’s still some coordination happening with Apple, so I wouldn’t want to steer you toward waiting 1–2 months based on an unconfirmed timeline. If you’re working against a firm App Store deadline, I’d keep looking at a compliant fallback in parallel. I’ll keep checking in on my end and loop back here as soon as there’s a public update to share.

@Alan_G Hi Alan, is there any update on this?

Hey @Harry_Liddell, thanks for the ping! I checked in again on this, and the work is still ongoing, but it hasn’t rolled out broadly yet.

I still don’t have a release date I can share, so if you’re working against a firm review deadline, I wouldn’t plan around an unconfirmed launch at the moment, although it is something we are working on rolling out in the near future.

If you’re currently blocked, could you share the app name, your deadline, and the rejection wording? No private shop details needed. I can raise that context internally and see if there’s anything we can share on our end.

Any updates? Just got our Shopify powered app blocked by Apple due to failing 4.8. Would love to have a solution before we get into our peak season!

Hi Alan,

Just following up on this again. It has been several months since this issue was first raised, and we’re still waiting for Sign in with Apple support.

Our Android app is already available on Google Play, and many of our customers are now asking for the iOS app as well. A significant number of our customers use iOS, but we are currently unable to release the iOS app because of this Shopify limitation.

Could you please let us know if there has been any progress or if there is any expected timeline for this feature? We would really appreciate any concrete update, as this is directly affecting our customers and iOS release.

Thank you.

Hello everyone. I have been looking into this and I can assure you this is something we are working on and do want to have available soon.

I still do not have a public release timeline at this point, but we will let you know as soon as it’s released.

Hopefully a solution will come out soon.

@Alan_G @KyleG-Shopify Is there any update on Sign in with Apple? Is there an early-access option, and will it need to be turned on separately for each expansion store? Thanks!