Shopify app pricing has no continue button for merchant with existing subscription

Seems like there was an update recently that caused the issue. (Since 7 October 2026)

Replication scenario :

Assume the app has only one monthly subscription plan

  1. Install app

  2. Click link in app that redirects to the Shopify app pricing hosted page

  3. Start subscription

  4. Uninstall the app

  5. Install the app again

  6. Click link in app that redirects to the Shopify app pricing hosted page

  7. Notice that the “Select” button is gone inside the plan section, and unable to proceed :

This is happening on production live store (a few merchants contacted me about this), as I don’t have a paid store myself, I am using a development store, to test it and produce the screenshot above.

More QA free of charge for Shopify! :sparkles:

This issue is directly affecting my livelihood / revenue :melting_face:

Did you try to ask Sidekick to solve the problem for you?

PS: we need an emoji “cry a river” in the forum’s reaction. :sob:

We’re looking into this - I’ll post here with a more substantial answer soon. This specific issue occurs for merchants who have an active subscription that is pending cancellation at the end of their billing period.

If they reinstall your app they’re shown their current plan which they aren’t able to select again, which is why the Select button is missing. We’re looking into making the ability to resume a plan that is pending cancellation more clear.

Any updates on this issue? I know I can check if the merchant still have an active pending cancellation subscription using Partner API (using Admin API currentAppInstallation > activeSubscription returns empty) , but then after the merchant re-install while the subscription is still active, the subscription is still going to be cancelled soon, and I will need to prompt them to subscribe again in a future date, and also gate my app features again, which feel extraneous