App icon on App Store and Shopify Admin

Ever since the new Shopify admin theme has released, our App’s icon looks cursed:

image

image

This is the icon we uploaded on the Dev Platform, which is then used for the marketplace listing and the Shopify admin menu.

I was wondering if there is a way to have two separate icons for the Marketplace & the Admin page? I’ve seen other apps have separate icons but I have not found any documentation on how we could achieve this ourselves.

There is a separate setting for this. The nav icon lives under App setup > Embedded app in the Partner Dashboard, independent from the app icon on the Dev Dashboard settings page that feeds the App Store listing. SVG nav icons get auto cropped to a 4px border radius, which is probably why yours looks off.

Hi @Mubashir_Hassan,

Thanks for the answer! I can’t find the nav icon you’re talking about.

So I’m configuring my icon on the dev dashboard, I go to my app then “App settings” and the “App icon” field.

On the Shopify partners side, once I login to my partner account, I go to “App distribution” then “All apps”. I select my app - Here’s a screenshot of the menu items available to me:

If I go in Distribution, this is where I can see my marketplace listing and it says “This icon is synced from your Partner Dashboard.”.

I’m looking for “App setup” or “Embedded app” anywhere and can’t find these. Could it be a legacy menu?

@MaxTheBean That is legacy menu. But there is no mention about the old setting of Dev Dashboard. I think it would be better to contact with the Shopify staff member there.