[BUG] Function deployments with new or changed WebAssembly modules are temporarily blocked

I started getting this error when trying to run shopify app dev:

❌ Error
└  Function deployments with new or changed WebAssembly modules are temporarily blocked. Deployments that don't change the 
WebAssembly module are still allowed. Please try again later or contact support for more information.

I haven’t changed anything in my functions in the last 7 days, and now I can’t run the app.

This app is using Javy, as the functions are currently in javascript. I tried upgrading to the lastest shopify cli version, but the result is the same.

Any insight is appreciated.

Same issue, so confusing

Hey folks, we have temporarily paused Function deployment changes, it should be lifted later today. Apologies for the inconvenience.

@Pridentt @David_Arbias are you both running shopify app dev here? Just trying to narrow down why we are flagging this as changing a Function.

it happens on both the command that runs preview and the one that deploys the app. I think the one for preview is `shopify app dev`, if I remove the payment function from the app extension folder it works and can deploy other functions .e.g discount function.

Just a +1 to say this is happening to us as well. Noticed during a shopify app deploy

Same here since this afternoon. Answering your question: it fails on both.

  • shopify app deploy from CI: last success around 13:10 UTC, failing since 15:50 UTC.
  • shopify app dev preview on a dev store: same error.
  • Rebuilding an older commit that deployed fine earlier today is blocked too, so it is not tied to our code changes.

Any ETA on lifting the pause? Knowing whether it is hours or days would help us plan.

@blanklob thanks, we’ll figure out why it’s being more broadly enforced than we expected. It should be lifted today. I’ll reply here when we lift the pause.

We are also experiencing the same issue. Thanks.

Hi @David-Shopify, thanks a lot for your help! The issue is still going at the moment. It happens with shopify app dev for me.

Currently experiencing this issue as well.

Same, we are also unable to run app dev since this morning. It was working yesterday.

Same, since late this afternoon, good to see I’m not the only one :upside_down_face:

Hi everyone, you should now be able to continue deploying your apps.