I have to deploy the app every time I want to see a change reflected in a function I’m developing while running shopify app dev.
This has happened on and off or months now.
I have to deploy the app every time I want to see a change reflected in a function I’m developing while running shopify app dev.
This has happened on and off or months now.
Hey Kalen, when running shopify app dev it will make available the new function only to development stores. Can you double check the store you are working on is in fact a development store?
That seems to be the source of the issue here: app dev
Note: Development store preview of extension drafts is not supported for Plus sandbox stores. You must
deployyour app.
Aaaaah - thanks for clarifying. This was driving me nuts. I wonder why sandbox stores don’t have better support for this. What’s the official recommendation on doing development for plus stores? Are you supposed to use a dev store instead of a plus sandbox?