[Feature] POS Extension Version

New feature request, please could POS UI Extension expose the version number. Similar to how UI Extensions do on api.extension.version as Gil mentions https://x.com/gilgNYC/status/1890038020159820085

This would be really helpful for debugging and monitoring the extensions and potential issues. Especially with POS working offline it would help understand what version a merchant is using please :folded_hands:

Hey Jordan,

We’ve connected with the product team on this feature request - thanks for flagging this!

Hey @Liam-Shopify @Rune-Shopify I wondered if there had been any changes on this please :folded_hands:

We’re looking into this one. Stay tuned.

Quick update: We’re aiming for this to be included in 2026-07.

Amazing! Thanks Rune

Hey Rune,
I wondered if this was shipped or scheduled? Please.
I didn’t spot it in the docs but I might be missing it :see_no_evil_monkey:

Hey @JordanFinners , on the original request I had mistaken this for apiVersion. I see what you’re requesting now, I’ll try to get this in for 2026-10. Just to confirm, this version would be the equivalent of something like this: `jordan-finners-extension-1` right? There are no semver based versions on extensions anymore.

Hey JS,
Thanks for hoping on this, api version is super helpful as well.

But yes using the release version / extension version would be really useful as then we can tell if a tile hasn’t updated or running outdated for debugging.

Also if I could be checky and ask for POS Version as well that would help with monitoring debugging, I’ve put something unofficial together to get this atm but would be ace for it to be on the platform api. Please :folded_hands:

Thanks for being super responsive

@JordanFinners No problem! `posVersion` is already available on the session.currentSession Session API

Ah awesome. Thank you :folded_hands:

Whoops, sorry about the mis here.