My theme is currently on page 1 for Relevance, but traffic has almost completely disappeared.
It has now been 3 days with $0 revenue, and GA4 is often showing 0 realtime users.
Is anyone else seeing the same thing on the Theme Store?
Imagine spending months building high-quality themes that have helped Shopify grow for years, only to feel abandoned by the platform in the end.
Welcome to the new normal. Yes, we’re seeing the same thing. Views have been declining day by day throughout the entire year now, so this isn’t that surprising anymore, it’s the new baseline. get used to it, it’s going to get even worst when they release Canvas to everybody.
The slop is hitting strong
Shopify do not care about developer. This is clearer than ever. Did you see what happen in app store where they remove real reviews from apps? Then they add 1000s of garbage apps to app store and months later want dev to upload selfie and ID to Stripe for security. Shopify not good platform for development at all. They have product managers that need to be fired ASAP.
I think that many product managers are not doing a good job. I have a very specific one in mind. ![]()
But I also think their own managers and also investors, and the CEO are living in another world and pushing for short deadlines.
I’m thinking that way because there is no way a sane team of smart engineers, UX designers, etc.. give us what we’ve seen recently. I have been reporting a ton of issues on recent releases. Some of these issues simply required a backend dev to think “and what if…”, or even dumber, it just required someone to actually test the UI, because some of these just exist in plain sight and are not edge cases…
