Requiring "Online Store" in app requirements makes my app show as incompatible for stores that have Online Store

Hi everyone,

I think I’ve found a bug in how app requirements turn into the store compatibility check on the App Store.

What I did
In the Partner Dashboard, under my app’s distribution / App Store listing requirements, I selected that my app requires Shopify Online Store. My app uses theme app extensions and storefront features, so it needs the Online Store sales channel.

What happens
After I saved that requirement, the App Store listing started showing this message to merchants on the “Custom” plan:

The app is not compatible with your store.
Only compatible with stores that: are subscribed to one of these Shopify plans: Basic, Shopify, Advanced

Could someone from the Shopify team confirm whether this is intended? If it isn’t, is there a workaround until it’s fixed? For now I’m thinking about removing the requirement.

Hey @Tufan, That does sound like it is expected, since some plans do not come with an online store.

That said, can you share more about the custom plan you’re seeing? I don’t see that as one of the documented plans. ShopPlan - GraphQL Admin