Shopify Public after Review

Hello Everyone,

I’m looking for some guidance regarding the Shopify App Review process and would appreciate your thoughts.

We’re currently building a Shopify Public App at AnnexCloud focused on loyalty and rewards services for Shopify merchants. As we’re nearing the submission stage, we have a couple of questions:

  • Once the app is approved, are we free to continue adding new features and improvements?
  • If we release updates shortly after approval, is there a possibility that Shopify will require the app to go through the review process again?

I’m not entirely clear on how Shopify manages post-approval changes, and I’d love to hear from developers who have practical experience with this.

The review process can be quite time-consuming, so understanding the expectations upfront would help us plan our roadmap and releases more efficiently.

Thanks in advance for sharing your insights!

Hey,

Unless something has changed recently that I’m not aware of, there aren’t any re-review requirements. You’re generally free to make changes and updates to your app at any time.

Shopify does periodically review apps, especially if you have Built for Shopify status, so you’ll still need to make sure everything continues to meet Shopify’s rules and standards.

Apart from that, though, you’re pretty free to make changes as you see fit!